In 2023, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Office of Inspector General (OIG) offered the industry new and updated guidance tools and a late flurry of advisory opinions. Join us on February 27 from 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. CT for a webinar in which we will provide a high-level overview of 2023’s most significant and helpful guidance documents.
Our goal is to highlight the most significant items and provide the relevant context behind the various guidance documents. We will cover an array of topics, including the new General Compliance Program Guidance, expanded FAQ process, civil monetary penalties for information blocking, OIG’s strategic plan for managed care oversight, advisory opinions and more.
Join us on February 27 as we unpack OIG’s recent approach to fraud and abuse issues, empowering you to navigate the ever-evolving healthcare regulatory environment with confidence.
- New General Compliance Program Guidance
- Expanded Informal FAQ Process
- Civil Monetary Penalties for Information Blocking
- OIG’s Strategic Plan for Managed Care Oversight
- Consumer Alert on Remote Patient Monitoring
- End of the Public Health Emergency Declaration
- OIG’s New Telehealth Toolkit
- Significant Advisory Opinions
- Significant Self-Referral Disclosure Protocol Settlements
- Litigation against OIG Challenging Unfavorable Advisory Opinions
Who Should Attend?
- In-house legal counsel
- Compliance officers
- Privacy officers
- Executives, consultants and principals
This webinar is pending approval for one hour of General Tennessee CLE credit. Please provide your BPR number upon registration for Bass, Berry & Sims to report your participation to the Tennessee CLE Commission following the webinar.
Other State CLE
Bass, Berry & Sims does not seek direct accreditation from states outside of Tennessee, but some states allow attorneys to earn credit through reciprocity or self-submission. Certificates of completion and other common supporting documents will be provided for use in jurisdictions outside of Tennessee.
Submit your questions for presenters upon registration or email questions to Caroline Smith.